- Sponsored resolutions to construct new parking lots on New Street and New York Avenue, adding approximately 200 new parking spaces.
- Initiated the Town of Huntington’s Community Mural Project where teen artists create murals to beautify public property, including the mural of Huntington Harbor on Waldbaum’s that can be seen from New York Avenue.
- Supported downtown revitalization through Chambers of Commerce, Beautification Councils and Civic Associations to attract more business to our downtown areas.
- Organized many popular, family-oriented events including the annual Movies on the Lawn program, Tulip Festival, Children’s Halloween Costume Parade in Huntington Village, Family Earth Day Expo at Town Hall, and more.
- Worked to maintain the Town of Huntington’s AAA bond rating, the highest of any town on Long Island.
- Held the line on taxes to an average of 1% in the past 10 years.
“There is a unique blend of downtown buzz and village quaintness in Huntington Village that you can’t find anywhere else on Long Island. Councilman Mark Cuthbertson brings his own unique blend of business savvy and quality of life consciousness to Huntington’s leadership and continuously strengthens the Village’s appeal. Thank you Councilman Cuthbertson for consistently doing what’s best for Huntington.” – Robert Hirschfeld