- Leading the fight against the LIPA Tax Hike
- Supported the installation of a skate park and two state-of-the-art turf fields at Veterans Park and the boundless Mr. P’s Playground.
- Supported the purchase and preservation of over 260 acres of parkland including the Lewis Oliver Dairy, Fuchs Pond Preserve and Richter's Orchard.
- Lobbied to have Larkfield Road’s traffic signals connected to a computerized system to reduce delays and vehicle emissions.
- Worked to maintain the Town of Huntington’s AAA bond rating, the highest of any town on Long Island.
- Held the line on taxes to an average of 1% in the past 10 years.
“My family and I really enjoy checking out the parks and playgrounds in the Town of Huntington. It never ceases to amaze us the vast majority of playground equipment the Town offers and how much fun my two children have trying it all out. One of our favorite parks is Mr. P’s Boundless Playground in East Northport. Mr. P’s Playground is very special and always filled with children of all ages and abilities for my two to play with. Thank you Councilman Cuthbertson for being such an advocate for our parks and open spaces.” – Penny Pase Rickman