- Helped to preserve more than 260 acres of parklands including Caledonia Park, John Coltrane Park, Erb Property/Strathmore Park addition and Otsego Park Addition.
- Supported the funding for the major renovation and inclusion of a second slab of ice at the Dix Hills Ice Rink.
- Sponsored major revisions to Half Hollow Park including bocce courts, soccer fields, a golfing putting green and a playground.
- Worked to maintain the Town of Huntington’s AAA bond rating, the highest of any town on Long Island.
- Held the line on taxes to an average of 1% in the past 10 years.
“I have lived in Melville and Dix Hills over 50 years and I have observed various Town Officials at numerous Town Board Meetings. It is reassuring to know that Councilman Mark Cuthbertson has outstanding skills and experience. On a personal note, my thanks to Councilman Cuthbertson for preserving acres and acres of land in the Melville and Dix Hills area under the Open Space Program. For years our area was in need of parks, soccer fields and open space where kids could play. That need has been met.” – Jean Varrone, Dix Hills