- Supported the purchase and preservation of over 260 acres of parkland including the DeForest Williams property, 28 acres of open space near Shore Road.
- Supported the installation of five state-of-the-art synthetic multi-purpose recreational fields placed throughout the Town including two fields at Breezy Park.
- Supported the Cold Spring Harbor Business Improvement District and worked with local businesses to keep downtown areas thriving.
- Worked to maintain the Town of Huntington’s AAA bond rating, the highest of any town on Long Island.
- Held the line on taxes to an average of 1% in the past 10 years.
“As a husband, parent and member of the Cold Spring Harbor Board of Education, I am acutely aware of the initiatives Councilman Mark Cuthbertson has spearheaded to benefit the Cold Spring Harbor community. The acquisition of Mohlenhoff Farm, now known as Breezy Park, provides the Cold Spring Harbor Soccer Club and community with two new state-of-the-art synthetic turf fields. The acquisition and preservation of the DeForest Williams property will not only protect this area, but will also have a positive impact on the drinking water. Without Mr. Cuthbertson’s support, these parks and open spaces would have been lost.” – Joseph Morante, Centerport