- The Town of Huntington boasts strong fiscal health and continues to receive the highest bond ratings; AAA rating from Standard & Poor’s and Moody's.
- For over 15 years, the Town of Huntington has been presented with the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting, the highest form of recognition in government budgeting.
- The Town of Huntington has received from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) the “Distinguished Budget Presentation Award,” rewarding the town for its clear, understandable and transparent budget presentation.
- Worked with Supervisor Frank Petrone and Suffolk County to encourage Canon to develop their North and South American Regional Headquarters in Melville, NY. This project injected millions into the local economy, created thousands of new jobs and met the requirements of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold or Silver rating system.
- Continually supports the Huntington Station revitalization efforts. This builds on the positive momentum of the opening of Highview at Huntington, the renewal at the Big H Mall, the formation of the Huntington Station B.I.D. and the approval of a new cultural site at Northridge on New York Ave.
- Supports Downtown Revitalization through Chambers of Commerce, Beautification Councils and Civic Associations utilizing grants for light posts, flags and other features to attract more business to downtown areas such as East Northport, Cold Spring Harbor, Greenlawn and Huntington Village.
- Created a Local Preference Law to grant businesses located within the Town of Huntington a 5 percent margin when submitting proposals against out-of-town companies. The intent of this newly adopted legislation is to keep business and tax dollars within the local Huntington economy when practical.
- Strives to control spending while maintaining services.
Do you like this page?