The 17th Annual Huntington Tulip Festival will take place on Sunday, May 7, 2017 from 11 AM to 4 PM at Heckscher Park in Huntington. This free, family-oriented, floral celebration is held annually within the natural beauty of historic Heckscher Park, enhanced by thousands of tulips planted in beds throughout the Park. The Town of Huntington and Astoria Bank, the chief sponsor of the festival, are looking forward to an even bigger community-driven event this year. In addition to the abundant bright tulips which serve as the festival's main attraction, there will be activity booths for children and live entertainment.
Some of the activities leading up to and planned for the 17th Annual Huntington Tulip Festival include:
1. Tulips: The Town of Huntington planted thousands of tulips in selected beds throughout Heckscher Park.
2. Family Performances: Throughout the duration of the Festival, the Chapin Rainbow Stage will host a series of family-oriented performances organized by the Huntington Arts Council.
3. Children’s Activity Booths: A diverse selection activity booths with creative, hands-on projects for children of all ages will be active in Heckscher Park throughout the Festival.
4. School Art Contest: Building up to the festival will be an art contest for area students organized by the Huntington Arts Council. Award winning work will be displayed near the stage at the Festival.
5. Photography Contest: Entries by amateur and professional photographers will be juried to select the images most evocative of the beauty and family orientation of the Festival. Entries must be postmarked or received by July 31, 2017. Prize-winning images will be used in Festival publicity.
In addition, to help make this wonderful family day a success, volunteers are needed to distribute festival programs to visitors. Any person or community group is welcome to volunteer by calling (631) 351-3099.
Directions to the Huntington Tulip Festival:
From the East – Via the Long Island Expressway (LIE): Take the LIE to Deer Park Avenue North (Exit 51). Continue north across Route 25 (Jericho Turnpike) at which point it turns into “Park Avenue.” Continue north on Park Avenue to Route 25A (Main Street) in Huntington Village. Turn left (west) onto Route 25A. Go about 2 blocks. Heckscher Park is on the right.
From the West – Via the Long Island Expressway (LIE): Take the LIE to Route 110 north across Route 25 (Jericho Turnpike) to Route 25A (Main Street) in Huntington Village. Turn right (east) on Route 25A to the next traffic signal. Heckscher Park is diagonally across the intersection on the northeast corner (Main Street and Prime Avenue.)
General Parking: Off-street parking is available in the municipal parking lot behind Town Hall. Additional parking on side streets adjacent to Heckscher Park is located around the park.
Handicapped Parking: A limited amount of handicapped parking is located on Prime Avenue in the small parking lot in Heckscher Park next to the Heckscher Museum of Art.
For more information regarding the Tulip Festival, please feel free to contact (631) 351-3099.