On January 1st, 2015; the Town of Huntington implemented its latest green measure in its comprehensive and expansive recycling program known as “Single Stream Recycling.”
In order to help educate our youth on the Town’s new Single Stream Recycling Program, I would like to invite all Huntington Township Middle Schools to participate in a poster contest that is open to grades 6 through 8.
The winner will have their poster featured in the Town of Huntington’s 2016 Environmental Calendar and the winning submission will also be used as an educational component to encourage local households to recycle.
“Single Stream” recycling means there will no longer be separate pick up days for comingled items, such as cans, glass, paper and plastic. Residents can place recyclables all in ONE CONTAINER on one designated day each week – town-wide.
The criteria for the poster contest will be as follows:
- Open to students grades 6 through 8.
- Students are asked to please register for this contest through their art teacher.
- Submissions should be 8.5”x 11.5”– un-matted.
- Submissions should be two-dimensional.
- Each teacher may submit up to three (3) works, from any one grade level, not to exceed nine (9) works for all grades.
- Art Teachers can register online at: www.HuntingtonNY.gov/PosterContest
- Teachers are asked to please contact Stephen Jimenez in the Council Office for submission collections at: 631-351-3171 or via email to: SJimenez@HuntingtonNY.gov
Registration deadline: March 20th, 2015
Submission deadline: May 8th, 2015