- Leading the fight against the LIPA Tax Hike
- Supported the purchase and preservation of over 260 acres of parkland including the Lewis Oliver Dairy, Fuchs Pond Preserve, Richter's Orchard, and Henry Ingraham Nature Preserve.
- Formed the Crab Meadow Watershed Committee to enhance and maintain this ecosystem and protect its habitats for rare bird species, finfish, shellfish and crustaceans.
- Supported the installation of a skate park and two state-of-the-art turf fields at Veterans Park in East Northport.
- Sponsored funding for renovations at American Legion Post 694.
- Worked to maintain the Town of Huntington’s AAA bond rating, the highest of any town on Long Island.
- Kept tax increases below one-half of 1% for the past 4 years.
“Take one look down Main Street out onto the harbor and you know why living in Northport is so extraordinary. Councilman Mark Cuthbertson understands that our village, our environment, and our waterways deserve respect and protection. He has fought to preserve our open spaces and support the people in our community. Thank you for everything you’ve done, Councilman Cuthbertson.” – Jerry Maline