- Sponsored laws to facilitate the identification and prosecution of absentee landlords.
- Developed affordable housing at Highview at Huntington, a gated community with 100 cooperative homes located adjacent to the Huntington Train Station.
- Supported the installation of five state-of-the-art synthetic multi-purpose recreational fields placed throughout the Town including those at Manor Park.
- Supported the creation of a pedestrian plaza and organic garden in Huntington Station.
- Initiated the creation of the Town of Huntington Economic Development Corp. Inc., a not-for-profit local development corporation which prompted new retail development, streetscape enhancements and improved crosswalk safety.
- Worked to maintain the Town of Huntington’s AAA bond rating, the highest of any town on Long Island.
- Kept tax increases below one-half of 1% for the past 4 years.
“Mark and I grew up in Huntington Station and attended Walt Whitman High School together. He has never stopped caring about our community, continually promoting revitalization and recreational facilities in our neighborhood. Mark was there for Huntington Station during Superstorm Sandy, making sure debris and trees were removed quickly and residents were safe. Keep up the good work, Mark.” – Bill DeBlasio