Only a few more days left for Dine Huntington Restaurant Week 2015!
March 1st to March 8th
(Saturday to 7pm only)
3-Course Prix Fixe
Visit the website below for the complete listing:
On January 1st, 2015; the Town of Huntington implemented its latest green measure in its comprehensive and expansive recycling program known as “Single Stream Recycling.”
In order to help educate our youth on the Town’s new Single Stream Recycling Program, I would like to invite all Huntington Township Middle Schools to participate in a poster contest that is open to grades 6 through 8.
The winner will have their poster featured in the Town of Huntington’s 2016 Environmental Calendar and the winning submission will also be used as an educational component to encourage local households to recycle.
“Single Stream” recycling means there will no longer be separate pick up days for comingled items, such as cans, glass, paper and plastic. Residents can place recyclables all in ONE CONTAINER on one designated day each week – town-wide.
The criteria for the poster contest will be as follows:
- Open to students grades 6 through 8.
- Students are asked to please register for this contest through their art teacher.
- Submissions should be 8.5”x 11.5”– un-matted.
- Submissions should be two-dimensional.
- Each teacher may submit up to three (3) works, from any one grade level, not to exceed nine (9) works for all grades.
- Art Teachers can register online at: www.HuntingtonNY.gov/PosterContest
- Teachers are asked to please contact Stephen Jimenez in the Council Office for submission collections at: 631-351-3171 or via email to: SJimenez@HuntingtonNY.gov
Registration deadline: March 20th, 2015
Submission deadline: May 8th, 2015
Welcome to my “Our Town, Huntington” blog. I am writing this blog to help keep you informed about what’s going on in our community; including information about upcoming Town of Huntington events, initiatives and news. It is my hope that this blog, in conjunction with the Town of Huntington website, my newsletter, and other social media outlets, will provide another tool to discover "Our Town, Huntington."
Thanks for reading and I’ll keep you posted!
I want to remind residents, veterans and seniors who reside in the Town of Huntington that you may be eligible for a New York State Tax Exemption on your December 2015 tax bill. Residents who did not re-register for the Basic STAR tax exemption with the New York State Tax Department before December 31st, 2014 are urged to contact the NY State Tax Department directly at: 518-457-2036.Read more